Thursday, March 18, 2004

chompin' broccoli

I had a huge dinner tonight. I was totally starving for some reason. I totally pigged out on broccoli tonight. I'm probably going to pay for it later on but it was delicious that I just couldn't stop eating it. It totally satisfied me too, I'm happily full, not bloated and feeling gross. Somehow, pigging out on broccoli figures into my daily calorie count better than a pig out on chocolate would. Go figure!?

Today was day 11 in a row of exercising. Even though I had a bit of difficulty getting moving on Monday and Tuesday, the later part of the week has been much much better and I'm really enjoying how I feel when I'm finished. I'm really feeling my leg muscles these days. I can flex them and they're making my fat bop around in a good way. Somehow when it's your muscles making it jiggle, it's cool. I can also feel my arm muscles growing. If I touch the side of my arm when I flex my bicep, I can really feel them. They're hard and feel very cool. I've still got a lot of flab on the arms but the foundation is getting stronger and stronger and I'm hoping that more of the arm fat will melt away sooner rather than later. I know that I've been pushing myself a bit harder lately. Trying to accomplish more repetitions in the same amount of time. I'm definitely working up more of a sweat and I'm feeling a difference in my pants so basically, it's all good this week.

Next week though, TOM is due and, if I'm not really careful, I could undo what I've accomplished over the past couple of weeks. I'm going to work hard to not let it happen though. I think I'm heading in a good direction though. On the way home tonight, we stopped off at Loblaws to pick up some prescriptions for our little old guy and I really really wanted a treat. Something in the gooey family, sweet and sticky. I didn't get gooey but I did get sweet: a gorgeous pint of fresh strawberries!!! Yay me. I'm pretty happy about that too....strawberries, not chocolate, wool dress pants instead of baggy casuals....yep, it's definitely all good this week!!

No comments: