Tuesday, March 16, 2004

is it the weekend yet?

All afternoon I had a niggling tension headache. I thought it was tension at the time but I think now that it was related to the weather pressure. There is a major (MAJOR) snow storm happening all around us but it's not doing anything here. It's just really cold and windy, yet, there is no air. You know what I mean? I was plugging away at my desk this afternoon, trying hard to concentrate on this spreadsheet I was working on and my head just kept pounding away. I really didn't want to take anything so I just kept sipping my water, hoping it would disappear. I had my windoze media player on shuffle and was only half listening to the music coming through my headphones when "Pretty Fly For a Rabbi" by Weird Al popped on. It totally made me laugh and suddenly, my headache was starting to ebb away.

By the time I left work it was creeping back so I broke down and took one regular strength ibuprofen with my dinner and my head's clear now. I feel much better. I also had a great food day. We were out for dinner with the little old guy but I still kept thing under control. He wanted salad for dinner so that was easy. I had a great salad and some pasta. I can't remember the last time I'd had pasta and I really enjoyed it. I also was good at keeping things in line so it wasn't a total disaster. After dinner, we stopped off at Costco to stock up on veggies so we'll be eating at home for the rest of the week. They have the most gorgeous portabello mushrooms and sweet peppers there. I'm also digging the tangelos in a big way lately. I'm enjoying them a lot more than I thought that I would and they have less calories than oranges so that's kind of cool.

I had a pretty good workout this morning. Today makes it 9 days in a row. Not too bad huh? Getting up was easier today than it had been yesterday too. I can feel this cold thing that I've been fighting. It's definitely trying to kick my ass but I'm not letting it. I'm concentrating on drinking lots of fluids while I'm at work. Water and herbal tea mostly. This is making me have to run to the loo a lot but I'm hoping that it's flushing the germs away. I just don't want to get sick right now. Around me at the office, folks are wheezing and coughing and it's really gross and it doesn't sound like anything I want to have a more intimate relationship with right now. I'm sure that's why I've been so tired lately but I'd rather be a little tired from fighting a cold than flat out in bed with a head full of snot!!

On an unrelated note, if you have good vibes to spare, or you believe in the power of "prayer," send some good stuff Lee's way. She's got a beautiful brand new nephew who could use some good vibes right now.

No comments: