Thursday, March 04, 2004

little by little

Finally, I'm starting to feel better. I realized about an hour ago that the pain had subsided to a dull thud. I'm going to have to be careful of what I do for the next few days but I'm finally walking tall again. For the past few days I've been sort of hunched over.

I'm definitely planning to get back to my workout routine starting tomorrow. Feeling like I do at the moment, I see no reason why I shouldn't. Today so far too, my eating has been on track. Yesterday wasn't horrible either now that I think about it. Not fabulous but not too bad. I quickly hopped on the scale this morning, expecting to see a huge gain (although it's not official until Saturday) but I was happy to see that it was the same as on the weekend. Status quo is good enough for me, particularly after several days of not exercising.

Work doesn't feel as horrible today as it has all week. I know that the back pain (which was caused by stress) was creating a different kind of stress all on it's own and I'm sure that's why I had so many mini-meltdowns this week. Looking back over the past couple of days I now see that I've actually accomplished a lot this week and feel pretty good about it. I'm really looking forward to just kicking back this weekend and trying to forget about all the bad crap that we've been dealing with recently. Not exactly sure what we'll end up doing but I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm not thinking about that too much either, I'm just happy to be feeling better, finally!!

No comments: