Thursday, March 11, 2004

hanging in

I would never have thought that it would be possible to have 8 different meetings in an 8 hour day but, it is! That was my day today, meeting to meeting to meeting (and then to meeting again). Somehow I survived it and I'm only feeling slightly brain dead at the moment.

This morning I promised myself that I wouldn't let the busy day thing throw me off. Before my first meeting (an hour into my work day), I had a banana and a cup of tea. I sipped water all through the meetings and even managed to run back to my desk for my healthy lunch at one point!! I didn't have a snack this afternoon though so my tummy's a rumblin' as I smell my dinner cooking downstairs. Have I mentioned lately how incredibly lucky I am to have very own, personal (not to mention sexy) chef in the house? It's so lovely to not have to cook dinner, I don't mind cleaning up (although he often does that too) if someone's made me a wonderful low-fat, gourmet meal!! I'm lucky, I know!! It's wonderful, trust me!!

On the way home from work, I mentioned to my chef that I really felt tempted to cheat today. I don't know why, I think it's the meeting fatigue that makes me want to eat bad stuff. I purposely avoided a departmental pot luck at noon because I didn't think I could trust myself. I mean, I'm not a big fan of potlucks anyway because I know that some folks in our department have a tonne of pets and they let them roam hither and yon, across the kitchen. Cat hair in my food is not something that this allergic-to-cats chickie is willing to risk. I also like to know exactly is in what I'm eating in these situations and you just never can trust what's in stuff or under what conditions it was prepared. Paranoid? Yeah, but when I'm watching my calories so closely, I just don't like to chance it, yanno?

I feel like I'm kicking this cold bug's ass. The sore throat is almost gone. I slept really really well last night. For the first time in a couple of weeks I actually slept the entire night through. I worked out this morning before heading to the office and actually feel pretty good right now. Again, I'm pleased that I didn't stop off somewhere on the way home for sweets or something else that I shouldn't be having right now. On that note, I think dinner is ready and I'm looking forward to a perfectly-on-plan mean to end out my perfectly-on-plan day!! Hope you had a good one too!!

No comments: