Monday, March 22, 2004

silent but stuffy

I'm a little surprised with myself for not posting at all over the weekend. This is just not ordinarily like me. I'd like to say that I didn't post because I was busy, off doing things exotic and strange. Alas, this was not the case. Not at all. Actually, very little was accomplished around my house this weekend.

After weighing in with a one pound loss on Saturday morning (that's 3 pounds in two weeks!!) I decided that I'd take a break from exercising on over the weekend. I really felt like I needed the break and while I kept my calories under control over the weekend, I did have a few little "scheduled" treats here and there. Yesterday, we didn't even go out of the house once. We had some weird snow storm action happening and we didn't need to go out for anything so we didn't. We were both up at 5 a.m. on Sunday for some weird reason, probably because this is the time that we're normally up (and complaining!) during the week. Rather than lay there and discuss how we weren't tired but didn't want to get up so early, we just got up. Silly huh? We put on some coffee, made some toast and finally started to watch The Office Season One that I'd picked up for my hunny for Christmas.

I almost never do this but I actually went back to bed at 12:30 or so and slept through 'til 3 p.m. I honestly had to drag myself out bed at 3 but I knew if I didn't get up then, I'd never get up and then I'd never get to sleep that night. When we got back to bed at 10 p.m., I had no trouble getting to sleep at all. I just chalked the tired feeling up to the fact that TOM is due any second. When I woke up this morning, I realized that I'd not moved at all during the night and that I'd slept all the way through (something that's not been happening for me lately). I actually felt pretty refreshed though, had no trouble getting up and actually worked out. TOM still hadn't started and all was well.

When I got into work, I couldn't tell if it was too hot or too cold in my office. My face was boiling hot but my hands were freezing cold. I was sweating and freezing at the same time. My head felt as if someone had turned on a faucet and it was filling up with water. Do you know that feeling? The feeling of actually knowing that something was hitting you? I've been fighting the office cold for several weeks now and I felt let down. I felt like that episode of the Simpsons, when Bart tells his immune system to lay down and let the germs win. By mid-afternoon I could hardly breathe and I was hacking a fair bit. I must admit that I feel much better right now so I'm hoping that all that water I've been drinking (and those Tangelos I've been eating) are helping to flush my system of germs. I just so don't need to be sick right now.

Tonight, after work, we went to Costco to stock up on veggies for the week. While we were there, my hunny treated me to the collectors edition of The Commitments that's just come out on DVD. He's so sweet, I think I'll watch a bit of it before I fall asleep tonight. There's a whole second disc full of stuff on it. I think I'll head off to bed right now actually...I'm thinking of medicating myself with some advil cold and sinus and trying to get some sleep. 'night ladies!!

No comments: