Thursday, March 25, 2004

I ended up leaving work early. My fever had returned and I was on the verge of not being able to breathe. It was really unpleasant. When I got home, I took a couple of the cold pills I've been taking and lay down for an hour or so. When my hunny got home, we had to go out and do groceries for the little old guy and for ourselves. I could not believe how busy Loblaws was when we were in there. At first I thought that it was just me, that I was all wonky and feverish but I realized that it was totally nuts in there and that most of the folks in there were on ludes! By the time we got his stuff dropped off and did our own errands (more pills, lotion tissue and lozenges for moi included), I was totally pooped. Am totally pooped I guess. I also have almost no voice. This is the worst headcold I have had in a good long time. I'm just really glad that I don't get them very often. Fortunately, while I didn't actually accomplish a lot at work today, I did get things organized so, if I end up not going in tomorrow, things are all orderly and my helpers can just work away on the stuff I have left labeled and sorted out.

I know I shouldn't worry about missing work because, hello, I'm sick. It's hard though. With this restructuring that is going on, I'm the only person working in my current unit and I'm supposed to be figuring out how to train a bunch of folks who will be doing my old job while, at the same time, learning my new job. Is it any wonder that everyone's been in sick in our office? Yikes. Anyway, I'm heading to bed. 'night gals!

No comments: