Tuesday, March 30, 2004

frustrated

I'm still hacking and wheezing today. I did manage to sleep well last night though, for a switch. A friend of mine told me that she developed cold medication induced insomnia herself a couple of weeks ago when she had this bug. Yesterday, I didn't take any cold medication at all (just some ibuprofen for my pounding headache) and I slept really well. I guess you can only take so much of that stuff.

This morning, again, I missed my workout. I slept in a little later than I normally would and I knew my lung capacity was crap so I didn't even bother attempting it. I am really missing the exercise but physically, I cannot do it. It's really maddening when you want to do something and can't. My eating hasn't been fabulous either over the past few days. We've not felt up to doing a proper shop and neither of us has the energy to cook a real meal so we're living on soup and toast and frozen food. Not ideal I know but hopefully that will be ending soon. By tomorrow night I'll desperately need to get to the store as I will have run out of fruit and yogurt by then.

On an up note, we had actual real Robins in our backyard last night so, if nothing else, Spring's officially arrived in these here parts!

No comments: