Friday, March 05, 2004

the french

One of things that really helped me get through this week at work is music. I mean, I've always got my headphones on but this week in particular I realized that everytime stuff would just feel ridiculously unbearable, I'd put my copy of "Local Information" by The French on and it would just make me feel SOOOOO much better. I'm not sure why but I can't stop listening to the song The Wu-Tang Clan, it just makes me smile. I guess this is relevant to this blog only because it's helped me to maintain my mental health this week.

Today I'm feeling like my old self. I'm not working today but I was up early anyway. My back is still a little stiff but I managed to get onto the bike for a short while this morning. I've also already done 2 loads of laundry, cleaned up the main floor of the house and have just finished scrubbing down the the bathroom. I think this is pretty good considering how much I've been hobblin' along all week. I'm going to do gentle exercise all weekend and by Monday, I should be back to full steam with my workouts. I've also half planned out our meals for the weekend so that should help me keep the weekend munchies at bay.

A couple of weeks ago, Meredith sent me a note about the March issue of Self magazine. She told me that there was a mention of this blog on Page 73. I was really surprised to hear this and spent the next week and a bit frantically trying to locate a copy of the magazine locally. Every place I went to was still carrying the February issue (I even found one store that still had the January issue on the shelf!). Finally, Wednesday night, I was able to find a copy of the magazine. Heather was nice enough to scan her copy and post it at the Weigh-Better board so I actually got to see it last week.

In "real life" there are only 3 people who know about this particular blog. It felt a little weird to see the URL (they only mentioned the URL, not my name, I didn't even know that they were doing this) for my little page in a big magazine like Self. Most of my offline friends are not all that savvy when it comes to computer stuff so I never worry about them stumbling onto this page. In the store, I opened the magazine to page 73 and sort of looked around and remember thinking that now, anyone in the store could just go to it and read this blog. Not that they couldn't before but before, you'd sort of have to know what you were looking for. I know that I've had a few more hits to my page over the past couple of weeks. It's kind of cool. I know that having this blog has helped me in so many ways. Sometimes when things are just getting to me, writing them down and letting it flow helps to put it into perspective. If you would like to see the article, just click here. It's pretty cool and I'm a little surprised that out of all the links that they could of put up, they put mine but I'm happy about it nonetheless!

I think I'm going to jump in the shower (which is nice and clean again!) and head off to do a bunch of errands. I'm feeling so much better right now than I have all week, I don't even mind that it's pouring rain right now!!

No comments: