Wednesday, March 17, 2004

pants

Yesterday I wore a pair of my favourite blue pants to work. I have two pairs of them and they are really comfortable. At one point in the morning, I went to the restroom and caught a glimpse of myself, sideways, in the mirror (our ladies room is silly with mirrors). I realized that the pants looked ridiculous on me. They were way too big. I had mixed feelings about this as I'm sort of too small for my current "big" pants and still a little too big for my current "smaller" pants. I have weeded out my wardrobe so much that it's slim pickin's as it is and I cannot afford to buy any new stuff right now.

Fast forward to this morning. It's Saint Patty's day and I'm looking for some green to wear. I did into the back of the closet and I find a pair of dress pants I bought to wear to my grandmother's funeral in 1997. These are wool pants that button up, no elastic waistband, the real deal. It's been at least 3 years since I've been able to get into these babies. For a larf, I pull them on this morning...whaddya know, they fit! Not only that, I didn't have to wear a long sweater with them, I put a short t-shirt on with them and it looked pretty good. Of course, it was freezing in our office today so I had to keep my cardigan on all day but hey, 7 year old pants without elastic. I felt pretty good.

After work tonight, I had my regular monthly check-in with my doctor. I told her about the stress related over eating that happened around the time of all the work crap and she was happy to hear that the shit was back in order and that I was almost back into virgin (ie pre-Christmas) fat again. I'm confident that for my next visit, I'll be showing a good loss again and all will be good with the world.

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. today and wasn't able to get back to sleep so I'm pretty pooped at the moment. I'm heading off to bed (yes, I know it's not yet 8 p.m.) but such is my exciting rock'n'roll lifestyle!

No comments: