Monday, March 15, 2004

monday again


The weekend is, again, a blur. Our lazy weekend turned into a working weekend as we tore the house up yesterday. It was good, needed doing, but yikes. It made the day just fly by. We're still getting the house ready for our little old guy to move in and it's a fair little bit of work. We're sorting through stuff, chucking stuff out. Just getting organized.

Overall, eating was pretty good. After having such a great week last week, and exercising every day (yep, 7 days, count 'em!), I treated myself to a couple of small things over the weekend. After we finished our errands on Saturday afternoon, I gave into my chocolate craving in a very civilized way. We went over to the bulk barn and I picked out a few small chocolately things (but different things --- this is why I love the bulk barn) as a treat. When we got home, I enjoyed them. They were super yummy and totally controlled so all is good. I'm relearning about moderation and planning. I know it works for me, I just have to keep reminding myself!!

Today was another perfectly on plan day. My workout this morning wasn't fabulous though. I had a really difficult time getting out of bed this morning and was moving very slowly for a while. I'm still feeling tired right actually and am planning an early night. I know I'm still fighting my battle with the office cold but I'm determined to win!!

This week's Progress Prompt is all about the blogs. When reading your favorite weight loss journals/blogs:

1. Name one thing that you like the most about them.

I like frequent posters. Even if things aren't going well (or heck, if they are -- make me jealous!!), I like to know what's happening with people. Everything that is happening in our lives affects what's happening as we work on this health and fitness thing so it's important to hear about it.

2. Name one thing that you don't like about them.

I admire anyone who is willing to put it out there and write about their lives. The only thing that I may not like, from time to time, is the formatting of a page. Only if the colours are hard to read (like a dark coloured text on a dark background). I don't like to strain when I read.

3. Name one thing that you would like to see in them.

My feeling is that whatever someone feels comfortable posting is fine with me. I'm not about to start to preaching about content. That should be left to the individual.

No comments: