Saturday, March 27, 2004

human

Tonight, for the first time in days, I'm actually feeling like a human being again. For the past few days I've felt like a walking, talking, snot-machine. It's been pretty gross. I can't even believe how many boxes of tissue I've gone through since Monday. The combination of using tissue with lotion and keeping my nose basically lubed up with petroleum jelly has saved me from turning into a W.C. Fields look-a-like.

Right now, as I type this, I can almost breathe normally. I'm finding that if I talk too much though, I start to cough. Last night I actually lost my voice. It's a good sign though, the more terrible I sound, the closer I am to the end of the cold!! Thursday night was horrible, I didn't sleep for more than a couple of hours all night and ended up staying home yesterday. I did manage to get a lot of sleep yesterday though. I also slept pretty well last night too so I think that the worst of it all is behind me now.

Of course, I haven't really been paying much attention to what I've been eating over the past few days and I didn't exercise Wednesday, Friday or today. I did hop on the scale this morning though and was happy to see that I'd maintained last week's one pound loss so the week wasn't a total write-off. I honestly would not have been shocked to have shown a gain this week so maintenance was definitely a good thing!!

I'm not sure if I'll be working out tomorrow. I'm finding that I get short of breath very easily so I may give it one more day and ease back into exercising again on Monday. If anything, I may try to get out for a walk tomorrow (if it's nice). It's been mild the past few days but kind of windy and rainy. Hopefully, the sun will be out tomorrow and I can get outside for a little bit. I don't want to push myself or anything but I think I'd like to do something more involved that just blowing my nose!

No comments: