Thursday, June 17, 2004

because you asked

Now, maybe these are Canadian creations, here is a picture of a Nanaimo Bar. They are crumbly and chocolatey on the bottom, have custard in the middle and melted chocolate on the top. Much like revenge, they are best served cold:

this is a nanaimo bar


Did that make you wanna lick your monitor?

Today is going well so far. My back is pretty close to being back to normal. I worked out this morning but again, didn't do quite as long as I normally would. It felt good though, it always does, especially when I have missed a couple of days.

We had a really nice dinner out last night. As luck would have it, I was able to find a yummy salad and a grilled chicken breast for myself. It was delicious and it was very nice to not have to do dishes for 2 evenings in a row.

After dinner, we went out and did some errands. We now have groceries for the best part of the weekend I think. We have our meals planned at least through Saturday. The whole planning thing is really helping me get through the weekends the past few weeks. I'd be sunk without it. It's funny how your weekly routine can keep you on track Monday to Friday but, once the weekend hits, it's a huge struggle to keep it together. It is for me anyway, or rather was. It is getting easier.

This may sound strange but this morning, for no apparent reason, I got to thinking about how long it had been since I'd had french fries. French Fries and ketchup was something I used to indulge in all the time, a major craving and source of comfort. Since I've been back on program, I have been trying different snack foods. One I can highly recommend (although I hate the company that makes them so that's something I struggle with) are spudz sticks, ketchup flavour. They totally fill any french fry craving I might have and are really low in fat. You just have to love it when you can feed a craving and not totally blow it for the day!!

No comments: