Tuesday, June 15, 2004

stiff and sore

Today I'm still feeling under the weather but I'm definitely better than yesterday. By the time I got home from work last night I felt as if I'd been hit by a truck, literally. This morning when I woke up, I could actually walk upright, although I still have a slight limp. As today as gone along, I'm getting kind of tired and am moving more slowly than I was first thing this morning.

Last night we got to bed kind of late (around 10) because we were watching the finale of WB Superstar. I didn't have any trouble falling asleep but I know that I dreamed a lot last night. When I got home from work last night, I found out that a friend of ours took his own life on Saturday. I feel absolutely sick and broken hearted for his wife. We don't know any of the details and I'm not sure that they will be having a funeral. It sounds like there will be a big party in his honour in July. I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through right now. So basically, that's been on my mind all morning.

When I finally got out of bed this morning, I knew that there was no way I'd be able to workout. I did do some stretching but that was about it. If I feel better tomorrow I'm going to attempt to ease back into it. Eating has been pretty good the past few days. This morning though, for some reason, I really needed something salty so I had a few soda crackers. Not the best thing to be munching on but not the worst either. Trust me, the way I'm feeling right now, between my back bothering me and the sad news playing through my head, I could be plowing through a lot more than just soda crackers. Thank goodness for small favours huh??

No comments: