Monday, June 21, 2004

berry good actually

Where oh where did my weekend go?? I cannot believe how quickly it flew by or how much stuff we got done. It was pretty remarkable looking back at it. Part of me was wishing that we had actually spent some time in our backyard, enjoying the lovely weather this weekend and the other part of me wishes that I had gotten my weeding done. It feels sort of odd to be so busy on the weekends these days. It's good but it's odd.

Yesterday afternoon, after a stop at goodwill, we went to see my folks. We took the LOG with us. My folks live about 1/2 way between our house and the most amazing strawberry farm for miles and miles so we left LOG at their place and went out to get some berries. Now I eat a lot of strawberries and really like the big berries you get in April and May (from the US). Those berries taste like ass compared to the ones we got yesterday. Holy poopie they were good. All the way from the farm to my folks place, we were popping berries in our mouths. My fingers and my tongue were stained bright red but they were so good. I had more berries for breakfast and just finished more with my lunch just now. We bought enough that we should be able to freeze some for smoothies (but if we actually eat them all, we'll just go get some more). I forgot how much I love fresh picked strawberries, there's truly nothing like them!! We didn't actually pick them ourselves (we just bought them from the road side stand) but they had just been picked that afternoon.

So far today is going really well. I'm still waiting for my period to actually start so I'm a little draggy today. I did have a good workout this morning though so that's helping me feel a little more human today. Tomorrow it'll be four weeks since our "restart" and I'm just over the moon about how well we've both been doing. We're both taking next week off from work, if we can get through next week on plan, I am sure we'll be able to get through anything!

No comments: