Wednesday, June 09, 2004

waking up was easy

This morning I got up early. Not hugely early but a little earlier than I have been getting up recently. Unfortunately, once I got out of bed, I was not moving quickly. I had a really good night's sleep last night. Again I noticed that I'm having really bizarre dreams again. Lately I've been having a lot of weird dreams and I'm not sure why and I can't really remember any of them. We finally broke down and turned the A/C on last night so I think that's why I slept so well. It's suddenly turned stinking hot here, not that nice and warm in the daytime with lots of sun and cool at night for sleeping weather we were having. It's so humid that it actually smells outside. Right now, it's not as bad as it has been because we had a little rain earlier but it's still gross.

The heat is why I've been dragging my butt I think. Last night my feet were quite swollen by the time I got home and I know it's from the humidity. It always seems to take me a few days to adjust when the weather gets like this and, until I adjust, I turn into the human equivalent of a wet dish rag.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing through my head was "must...work...out..." and the second thought was "must...sleep...more..." I did get up but I spent over 30 minutes trying to convince myself that today should be a break day. Afterall, it was going to be hot again so why bother. Fortunately, I didn't listen to my lazy ass inner fat-chick and I went downstairs and exercised. At the time, I wasn't happy to be doing it but right now, I'm pretty pleased with myself. No matter how much hotter it gets together, at least I'll have had my workout out of the way (yay!).

Winning a big fight with your lazy ass inner fat-chick is a good way to start the day, for me anyway....How's your day going?

No comments: