Sunday, June 20, 2004

I survived!!

I did it, once again, I got through an entire weekend and stayed on plan. That's four weekends in a row and I'm really pleased about it.

Staying on plan wasn't as hard I was afraid it would be. We were literally too busy all weekend to goof off and blow it. Even with the popcorn and licorice yesterday, I kept my calories under control and my activity level quite high. Today I took a break from "proper" exercise and we continued with our reorganization project. Proper exercise would actually have been less work than what I ended up doing but I feel great about what we accomplished today.

We emptied over 25 boxes of "stuff." We're not done yet but the worst of it is behind us. I have 4 small boxes left, from the ones we pulled out yesterday and today. They are mostly papers and a lot of it will either go to the recycle centre or end up on eBay (a lot of what I have in these boxes are collectible posters, post cards and promotional stuff for somewhat obscure music stuff). We threw out a tonne of my hunny's old clothes. He had a huge tshirt collection and he kept the really sentimental ones (and the ones that are in good shape and that he'll be able to fit into again soon). Some of them went to goodwill (we actually took 2 carloads of stuff there this weekend) and some to the trash. We have 14 bags of garbage in our backyard right now. It's sort of crazy. What we did keep (and we're talking over 25 boxes and a whole closet full of stuff) has been condensed into 8 plastic tote bins. In total, somehow I have accumulated 6 totes full of holiday ornaments (please don't ask me how). I know that I will be able to go through that stuff again and really get rid of a lot. It's shocking and a little disgusting to see how much crap we still have left in the storage room, considering how many trips we have made to the recycle centre, goodwill and the dump over the past 2 years. Oh well, at the rate we're going, we may not have to bother purchasing that 2nd shed. How crazy is that!?

No comments: