Wednesday, June 23, 2004

lump day

Today should be called "lump day" instead of "hump day" I think. I feel more like a lump than I do a hump so far today. My period arrived with a vengeance today. It was a few days late arriving this month. I started spotting on the weekend but things never really got going until about mid-morning today. Last night though, my cramps were so bad that I actually woke up at around 1:30 a.m. and had to take some ibuprofen. I'm glad that it's arrived though, I didn't want this to drag on into next week.

Speaking of next week, I have the whole week off. I have a tonne of vacation yet to take and I'm not sure exactly when that will happen. Next week I'm actually only using 2 vacation days. I have some lieu time coming and we get Thursday and Friday off too. My original plan was to do absolutely nothing all week but I suspect that we'll end up getting into a bunch of projects around the house. Hopefully though, we'll be able to plan a couple of "do nothing" days.

This morning I had a chat with my barbecue buddy about yesterday afternoon. I asked her if she felt weird about not eating and wondered if she had skipped the barbecue just because of me. She said that she was really happy with herself for not pigging out and that she couldn't have done it if I hadn't been doing it as well. Turns out that she went home and had a great, yummy, healthy supper too.

Because I was feeling like a big wet noodle this morning (still am actually), my workout was not up to par. If I'm feeling better later on I may try to get more cardio in but, if that doesn't happen, I'm not too worried about it. My eating has been really good all day and I go back to see my doctor this afternoon for my monthly check in with her. I'm feeling really good about things overall and I think she'll be happy to hear about my progress over the past four weeks. I know that I sure am!

No comments: