Monday, June 28, 2004

happy monday

You know, I could have slept in this morning, if I'd really wanted to. I didn't want to though so I didn't. Over the weekend, we slept in pretty late on both Saturday and Sunday (until almost 8 a.m. both days) and it seemed to throw me off a bit.

Over the weekend, I will admit that we didn't really pay much attention to what it was that we were eating. We decided that we were going to take a couple of days "off" from what we'd been doing. We didn't pigout on crap but we weren't that careful either. In the end, it didn't add up to us actually eating much more as far as calories go than we normally would have. What did happen is that we had 2 much larger meals over the weekend than we normally would eat. I enjoyed the meals but I know that they were too big. Afterwards, I didn't feel fantastic, I felt a little weighed down actually. I have really gotten into eating smaller, more frequent meals over the past 5 weeks.

Today, I got back into my normal routine and feel the better for it. I don't want to get off track while I am home this week. Once I get off my routine, it's over for me. Instead of laying in bed all morning, I got up at my regular time, worked out and had breakfast. I did a bunch of housework today that needed doing. It felt good to get some things sorted out (yes, I'm still throwing stuff out if you can believe it!!) and to stay out of the kitchen.

At the moment, our bedroom is clutter free and actually organized. It's about half-way to being totally clean too. The computer room is becoming a little less cluttered with each week that goes by. It's not perfect but I'm not sure it ever will be. By the end of this week, I'll be happy if we can say that we've removed another 10 boxes of "stuff." We sure don't need all the stuff we have and unless I have a very strong, emotional attachment to something, I'm not keeping it. I see no reason to hang onto things anymore just for the sake of keeping them. Clean Sweep fever is rubbing off on me I guess.

Tomorrow I'm seeing my mum. We're going to do some errands together so that will be nice. Right now, I'm going to check in on the election results and see how that's going. It's been way too close to call up until today, should make for interesting television tonight!!

No comments: