Wednesday, June 16, 2004

normal

Every time I have my periodic spell of back trouble, I think to myself that I'll never taking feeling normal for granted again. Of course, this lasts for the first few days following said spell and then it ends. Today though, normal feels fucking fantastic! I'm not totally 100% better but I'm 100% than I was yesterday. Last night we went out for dinner (yeah, I know that I said we'd cut back and trust me, we have, but last night we were both completely burned out and too tired to cook) and I realized that I was walking upright and was not experiencing completely debilitating pain in my left leg from the wonky way I was walking anymore.

When I woke up this morning, I felt sort of tender but not terrible. I even exercised this morning. It wasn't a full blown totally awesome workout but I did some stretching and rode 2.25 miles on my recumbent bike and felt the better for it. At work, I can actually sit comfortably in my chair and, except for a moment this morning when I forgot I was recovering and attempted to run down the stairs, I've not experienced any major pain so far.

Yesterday was really difficult for me, physically and emotionally. I even went over my normal calorie limit last night at dinner. In case I hadn't mentioned it, I'm in the throes of pms right now. At dinner last night, for the first time in 3 weeks, I had dessert. I ate a Nanaimo bar and it was absolutely fabulous. I felt as if I'd died and gone to heaven. Of course, the 300+ calorie splurge put me 200 calories over what I should have been but I don't really care. It tasted good and I really enjoyed it and that's it. No guilt, no bullshit, no slippery slide off the program. One chocolately treat was all I had and I enjoyed every second of it.

Today, things are completely back on track. LOG wants to go out for dinner tonight (he didn't go with us last night). I'm not sure where we're going. I'm not fussy, anywhere I can get a salad and a chicken breast is just fine with me. Fortunately, the craving for chocolate seems to have passed and I won't be having to worry about Nanaimo bars today!!

No comments: