Wednesday, June 02, 2004

hump day

Where did Wednesday go? Where has the week gone actually?? It's flying by for me. At work, I'm starting to get into my new job. It's quite different and, at the same time, similar to my old job. It's an odd situation actually. There are still a few projects that I'm finishing up and I'm taking on new stuff, little by little, each day. It's definitely not as stressful as it had been and I'm noticing that I'm sleeping much better at night.

The good sleep thing could be a result of the return to better habits though. I think it's just a combination of all the shit settling down. Things are sorting themselves out at work, stuff at home as calmed down now that the LOG is settled in, we're actually finding time for ourselves these days. Generally, life is more peaceful and I find it easier to be kind to myself when stuff is like this. It's much easier to cope, for sure.

Eating wise, my eating has been terrific the past few days. Totally, 100% on plan. I'm super happy about that and intend to keep at it. Workouts are still going good and I've been managing to squeeze in more walking this week, during the day. A friend and I took a nice walk on break this morning. She wanted a tea and I grabbed a diet soda. It was a nice break from all the water I've been sipping. Thank you by the way for all the helpful suggestions. Yesterday I really over did it. Today I drank more water than I had done on Monday but wasn't running to the loo like I had been yesterday. I also have a small pot of herbal tea when I first get into work in the morning and I've read that if what you're drinking is not caffeinated, you can count it toward your water intake.

Anyway, it's well past my bedtime (we were up watching Canadian Idol -- yeah it's true, I'm an addict, watched the whole horrible mess last year too). 'night all!

No comments: