Friday, June 11, 2004

Yay!! ....it's baaaaaack!!

Thank you Bev, you're wonderful!! The Weigh Better Board is back up and running. If you haven't already done so, get over there and re-register. If you weren't a member before and are looking for an amazing, supportive, informative, women-only chat space to talk about all things related to healthy weight-loss and fitness, don't walk, RUN there. I would be totally lost without it and missed it terribly this week when it was down.

This week has been really good for me. I've managed to workout each morning before work and my eating has remained on plan. I knew that I could do it but I'm not going to beat myself up for the relapse I suffered from September to May. Recently, I've been chatting with some of my coworkers about the stuff we've been dealing with in the office. Everyone was super stressed and they all dealt with it in different ways. I did notice at our last large group meeting that many folks have put on some weight over the winter. Not just regular winter weight, stress eating weight. There is a noticeable difference. I guess I really noticed it because I really pay attention to stuff like that now. At my highest weight, I never really noticed when other people gained weight. I deliberately ignored it because I didn't want them to notice how much I had gained I guess. Fortunately, for me anyway, the worst is behind me now and the stress is easing up in a big way. This is one of the biggest factors that helped me to pull my head out of my ass and get back on track.

The weekend is almost here again and with it comes the eternal struggle: me vs boredom induced snacking. What I did last weekend (and it worked for me - although I would never do this during the week) was skipping a meal each day. By missing a meal (either breakfast or lunch), I could chose to splurge on a bigger meal or allow myself some extra snacking (on healthy stuff only) and I'd have a cushion for the extra calories. Hopefully, eventually, I won't need to that and I'll be able to use that moderation thing that I have got going on during the week. In the meantime, I'll get through the weekends anyway that I can and so far, this is something that I can do.

Having said that, we're going out to dinner tonight. I'm not sure where but I'm getting pretty good at tweaking restaurant food to meet my needs so I'm not freaking too much about it. Instead, I'll just order carefully and enjoy the evening out, wherever we end up!

No comments: