Saturday, June 19, 2004

having a happy weekend

Despite the fact that we didn't get to go to Ottawa this weekend, I'm having fun at home.

Last night, after dinner, we went out and did a few errands. It was kind of nice to go later in the evening because the traffic was almost nothing and the stores were not crowded at all. After we were finished what we were doing, I had a craving for something, not anything in particular mind you, just something. We ended up at A&W. I realized that I wanted a big frosty diet root beer, in the glass mug. It was so good, I really enjoyed it. It's always best served in the frosty mug. While were there, the smell of the grease from the food did nothing for me. I just enjoyed my drink and we headed for home.

Part of the reason for the errands was due to a big reorganization project we're working on here at home. The past couple of weekends, when I've woken on Saturday morning, I've started to sort out a small corner of our upstairs. Last Saturday I sorted out our bedroom closet, the week before, I went through a pile of junk in our computer room / office. The office is quite cluttered, it's actually a storage room with a bunch of machines in it. As we don't have a basement in our house, we've been planning to purchase a second shed and use it for stuff that we would normally store in a basement. We have a garden shed but it's in the middle of our yard and it freezes up over the winter. The one we are going to purchase is a vinyl one. We'll put it close to the house and it'll be accessible all winter long.

Anyway, before we can do that, we need to go through piles of boxes that are literally crammed into the shelves. Over the past couple of years, I've sorted through many of the boxes and we've either thrown out or given to goodwill, tonnes of stuff we no longer have a use for. The stuff that remains is the stuff that is tough to go through. Because we plan to keep some of it, I wanted to store it properly so we bought a bunch of those plastic tote bins and I now have a huge pile of boxes in my bedroom that need sorting out. I was shocked that this huge pile of boxes filled only 2 shelves. It's a big job though and one I'm glad to finally be attacking.

We've been doing a fair bit of walking the past couple of days and I'm pretty impressed with how it's not wearing me out. My ankles haven't been swelling (as long as I wear my doc marten sandals) and my legs aren't tiring like they used to. We even went downtown this afternoon, did some walking and took in a movie (Super Size Me -- if you haven't seen it, please do, it's very good!!). As part of my planned Saturday treat, I had a few pieces of red licorice and a little bit of unbuttered popcorn. To be honest, once the movie started, I really lost my appetite anyway!! btw, why does the movie popcorn always smell way better than it tastes??

I'm really happy with my food choices (treats and all) so far this weekend and even though my period is starting and I'm not feeling 100%, my energy level is great and I haven't been craving chocolate too badly. Oh, one more thing, my weigh-in went really well this morning. Now, I didn't expect to really see any change on the scale at all (even though my clothes do feel different) because of not exercising on those days my back was wonky and PMS and all, but I lost 1.5 pounds this week. I'm really thrilled about that. 4.5 pound 'til virgin fat again!!!!

No comments: