Monday, June 07, 2004

week two bites the dust

Today was the last day of my second week of staying totally on plan. Two whole weeks, doing the right stuff, eating the good food. I feel great.

I know that recently, this journal has turned into one big session of me patting myself on the back. I apologize for that but only a little tiny bit. I'm pretty proud of myself for towing the train wreck that my weight-loss effort had become out of the ditch and back onto the track. Last fall, I got stressed out and lazy and it became way easier for me to maintain what I had lost than to carry on with what I had started. Lazy as I was, I'm still pretty impressed that I didn't gain back every ounce of what I'd lost.

On the weekend, I weighed in again. I was down a couple of pounds from last Saturday. This puts me just 8 pounds away from virgin fat territory. I have my monthly doctor's appointment on June 22 and I'd hoped to be into virgin fat by then but I'm not going to be bummed if I don't make it. I'm so happy about what I've lost over the past 2 weeks that I won't let not making that particular mini-goal get me down. In fact, upon reflection, I see that the goal was not totally reasonable anyway.

Yesterday, when we were out running errands, we had to stop at the grocery store on the way home to pick up a few things for the LOG. When we were in the check out line, I picked up an Aero caramel bar. First of all, can I say that the regular Aero is one of my favorite ways to eat chocolate? Secondly, I have actually experienced the sensation of having my mouth water while watching the commercials for the new one with caramel (cuz I loves me some caramel). When I picked it up, the first thing I noticed is that it's small. I read the nutritional information and it said that it had 210 calories. Not too bad for such a sweet, rich treat right? Well, get this, 31% of the calories come from TRANS FATS!! It made me feel sick and I tossed it back on the shelf. I mean, I wasn't going to buy one right then, but I was thinking about planning for a treat day sometime down the road. I can't imagine ever wanting to try one again. ~shiver~

Nothing like knowing what's in the food you're eating to put you off it huh??

No comments: