Thursday, June 24, 2004

blah blah blah

That wet noodle feeling is still hanging on. I can't even count how many ibuprofen I have had to take over the past four days. My period arriving late has made it much more difficult than it normally is. I'm not complaining though, at least I'm not curled up at home with a heating pad. With the help of the drugs, I am able to function at least. It makes me very thankful that my period is not like this every month, when I was younger it was horrible. I guess I'm just not used to feeling so weak and fragile, it's really kicking my butt.

I had a great visit with my doctor yesterday afternoon. As I expected, she was quite pleased with the progress I have made over the past four weeks. We chatted about what I'm doing and what works for me as well as radical treatments that some folks try to lose weight and how dangerous things were. She and I discussed at length, the elusive magic pill/shot/whatever, weight loss methods that so many of us spend so much time and money trying to find. There is no magic solution though and we all know this. She and I agree that the only thing that will work in the long-term (and that is a healthy method) is to do the eat less, move more thing. It's not rocket science, is it? It's also not easy or sexy or fun (although I am enjoying myself recently so maybe it is a little bit fun).

This morning I didn't work out at all because I was feeling so weak and yucky. My eating has been absolutely perfectly on plan all week though. Every good eating I day have just makes me feel so happy. I know it's dorky when you consider all of the years in my life where I just ate without thinking about it at all. The happy feeling is keeping my motivated right now so I'm not going to make fun of myself too badly for feeling so good!!

Right now, as I type this, there is a big strawberry social happening on the lawn outside the door to my office. I don't usually go because I like to have more for lunch than strawberry shortcake (and I have my own strawberries anyway). The "entertainment" is absolutely horrible. I have had to close up all the doors and windows. Some woman, who I am certain is a lovely person with many skills and abilities, is singing out there and it's beyond terrible. Truly. ~shiver~

No comments: