Thursday, June 10, 2004

better and better

Just as I was leaving work last night, we had a huge thunder storm and I got soaked through to the skin on my way to the car. The storm really cleared the air though. The sun is shining today, there's a cool breeze in the air and the humidity is gone. I'm so happy about that, you have no idea. Two days of oppressive heat and humidity left me feeling physically beaten. My brain knows that eventually my body will adjust to it, but the first few times it happens is just killer and my body tries to rebel.

I had a fabulous sleep last night and woke up feeling really rested this morning. My workout was much better than yesterday's and overall, I feel good.

Last night, after work, we had a bunch of errands to do. Even though I was soaked, I didn't want to put it off any longer. By the time we were heading to the last stop on our list, it was almost 6 p.m. and we were both starving. The idea of going home, putting everything away and making a proper dinner was not appealing to either of us so we picked up a thin crust pizza at the store (the fresh kind that you cook yourself -- not the frozen kind). We had veggie pizza and salad for dinner and it was delicious. It's been weeks since we've had pizza and I really enjoyed it, I also didn't eat nearly as much as I normally would. The cheese may have had something to do with it. I haven't been eating much cheese recently and I now see that I can't have nearly as much as I used to.

NSV Report

Last night when we were as Costco, I bought 2 pairs of shoes. Now, when we were in there, my feet were kind of swollen from the humidity so the shoes were a tad on the snug side. Today though, I'm wearing one of the pairs I bought (they're just little cotton sneaker / mules, very cute and really cheap $11.99 each) and they're a little on the big side. The NSV comes from the fact that they are not a wide shoe. For the past several years I've been buying wide shoes only because, if you can believe it, even my feet were fat. I have noticed recently that many of my shoes are loose and now, I can actually buy regular width shoes. Pretty cool huh??

No comments: