Saturday, July 03, 2004

almost sleepy

My skin is literally crawling. Well, not exactly crawling but it's really itchy and I'm trying very hard not to scratch. I just got out of the shower and that seems to have helped. It was hotter than stink today (for my way too long and rambling rant about the weather, please click here). We put off doing the majority of our yard work until around 7 p.m. The yard looks terrific now and it had cooled down considerably but, the downside is that the mosquitoes ate me alive towards the end of it. For some reason, they just love me to bits. I am now proud owner of several bites on the backs of my legs and on my arms. Yay me!

In lieu of a proper workout, much working outside was done, as was much cleaning and moving of stuff inside. I certainly feel like I worked out even if I didn't!! I weighed in this morning and, not surprisingly, I was up a pound. Having popcorn for lunch on Wednesday, and a few meals out this week caught up with me. Early in the week, Tuesday I think, I'd hopped on the scale and was down a pound from Saturday. I think that gave me a sense of false confidence about what I could and couldn't do while I was off. Even when I stay within the upper limit of my caloric allowance, having fatty or salty meals can do this to me. I'm not too upset about it though, after all, I was on vacation and it could have been a whole lot worse. I'm sure I'll drop the pound by my next weigh-in, I'm not letting it get me down!

On that note, I'm heading off to bed. Hope everyone is enjoying their nice long summer weekend so far!!

No comments: