Thursday, July 08, 2004

it's not the heat, it's the humidity stupid

I noticed last summer that the hot weather doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Same thing is happening this year too. Often now, I have to pull on a sweater in an air conditioned room. It's sort of weird for me to be cold in the summer, after years of just dying from the heat. This morning I was in a meeting and I developed a horrible headache because of the weather. It was very stuffy in the room and no one had bothered to crack a window, or turn on the little a/c unit so the air just disappeared by the end of it. Only just now, 90 minutes, much water and my lunch later, is it starting to go away. Yuck-a-rama! Seriously, you could have cut the air with scissors, not good.

I'm happy to announce that this will be another boring post about how my eating is going really well (100% on plan!) and I've been exercising every morning this week. It's boring but it's working for me right now. The last couple of mornings, and I'm not sure if this is because of the weather or not, I've had a really hard time getting going in the mornings. This morning particularly, I just did want to get out of bed. I had to really kick my ass hard to drag it out of bed.

Monday and Tuesday next week, I've booked off for vacation. Today I've been busier than the proverbial one-armed-paper-hanger. The beginning of the week was not too bad but, I'm noticing in this job that everything ramps up at the end of the week. Shouldn't it be the opposite!!??? We're also moving offices again on Wednesday so I'll get to come back to chaos after my long weekend. I'm not going to think about it too much though. My plan is to pull a Scarlet O'Hara and (paraphrasing here) will think about it next week. So there!!

Right now, I'm just thinking about Saturday and my next weigh-in. I'd so love to be back into virgin fat territory but I'm trying to not get too excited about it. Have I mentioned that my rings are getting really loose?? I'm sure that has got to be a good sign and no, I haven't sneaked a peek at the scale since the weekend. I'm being a very good girl. Keep your fingers crossed for me folks, I'd LOVE to be into virgin fat this Saturday morning. If I make it, I'm sure you'll hear me whooping it up wherever you are!!

No comments: