Sunday, July 18, 2004

weekend wrap-up
 
It's been hot enough to fry eggs on the pavement here all weekend.  I've spent the better part of the weekend laying around like 3rd base, trying not to do too much.  Of course, I did do some stuff but not any more than was absolutely necessary.
 
Yesterday, I could tell it was going to be a scorcher when I got up so I went for an early morning walk before I got my day going.   I was only gone about a half-hour because even in the early part of the day it was stinking hot.  Yuck.  In the heat of the mid-day sun, we ventured out for groceries.  We had really let our supplies get down and we needed a lot of stuff, fresh stuff mostly.  It took us a couple of hours to go everywhere and do everything that needed picked up.  By the time we got home, we were both exhausted from the humidity.  I figured that while I was hot and grumpy, I might as well get some housework done (LOG was having a nap when we got in, so it was a perfect opportunity for me to clean the downstairs -- he is usually parked in front of the TV in the living room when I'm home so I don't get many chances to move all the furniture and vacuum properly anymore).  I ripped the downstairs apart, cleaned it and did 5 or 6 loads of laundry.  I was sweating like some kind of sweaty farm animal by the time it was done but I was glad to have tackled it nonetheless.
 
The rest of the day was spent lazing around, watching stuff I'd TiVo'd and trying to keep cool.  Today was much the same although I did get outside late this afternoon for an hour or so of gardening.  I'm counting that has my exercise for today because I didn't move my lazy ass in anything resembling proper exercise today.  The weeds just go nuts in this heat, it's incredible.  Everything is kind of wilted but the weeds are going strong.  It's pretty crazy but it's July and that's to be expected at this time of the year.
 
I wish I could say that my eating has been stellar all weekend.  It hasn't been though, I've eaten entirely too many crunchy / salty snack types of foods.  Even though they are of the "baked not fried" variety, I've still consumed too many of them.  I totally know that it's PMS kicking my ass this month.  I feel a little gross right now to tell the truth.  We had a really nice barbecue for dinner tonight (lots of grilled veggies and gorgeous shrimp/pineapple kabobs) but my stomach still feels bloated from all the salty crap I've ingested this weekend.  For the past couple of hours I've been drinking lots of water, trying to flush my system and get back to feeling normal again.  Damned hormones fucking with me like this.  Tomorrow it's totally back on program, 100%.  TOM should be arriving later this week and that will be end of this horror.  Last month was a piece of cake, I don't know why this month has been so hard.  I think it's a combination of having had some holidays (and therefore gotten a little lazy) and the heat draining out my resolve.  I seem to recall this happening last summer during a heat wave.  You'd think that I'd eat lots of fruit and drink lots of water to keep my fluids moving instead of pigging out on stuff that is going to make me retain water.   Oh well, what's happened has happened and tomorrow is a brand new day.  The way I'm feeling right now, I can't imagine that I'll be having any salty treats anytime soon.  The thought of them right now makes my stomach flip-flop.  Ugh. 
 
Hope your weekend was better than mine. 

No comments: