Saturday, July 31, 2004

the morning after

My cold is almost gone and I actually slept through the whole night last night. I woke up this morning feeling sort of rested. After a week of feeling beaten up and completely exhausted, it was pretty cool to be getting back to normal. The big black circles I've had under my eyes are starting to fade away too, which is nice.

I didn't bother weighing myself this morning. My eating has been all over the place and I hadn't exercised since last weekend so there really wasn't much point. I'd probably just upset myself if I was up a pound or two and after what I'd put myself through the past few days, I didn't neat the aggro.

Fortunately, the LOG is going away on Thursday. He called his brother after we spoke to him yesterday morning. His brother thought it was a great idea and now they are both looking forward to it. It's not like we're planning to have a big party or anything but it'll be really nice to have the house to ourselves for a change. Today was good too. It rained really heavily all day long so we didn't go out. It felt terrific!! When we got up and started moving around, I wanted to do some cleaning up downstairs and my hunny was making breakfast and doing some other meal prep for dinner and I asked LOG if he was using the tv. He said that he wasn't so we popped our Simpsons 4th Season dvd into the machine and watched that while we puttered. In the afternoon while he had his nap, we vegged on the sofa and watched 3 episodes of six feet under that we had on tape. It's a really small thing I know but it made a huge difference in my state of mind.

I think that everything's going to be just fine. We just have to stop behaving so stupidly. I'm not sure what we were thinking but I'm glad that things seem to be getting sorted out. Better late than never huh??

No comments: