Monday, July 05, 2004

I don't mind at all

Some folks find routines boring. I actually used to be like that, I loved it when everything was topsy-turvy and kind of crazy. Nowadays, I loves me some routine!!

I'm back at work today and I'm not actually minding it. I realized this morning how much I am enjoying my new job. It's busy and it's challenging and I'm still learning but (so far - touch wood) it doesn't seem as insane as my old job. I'm liking the pace, I like where my new office is, I like eating my icy cold fat free yogurt at my desk. Today is a very good day so far.

This morning, I woke up exceptionally early. I think I was nervous that I'd oversleep or something so I started waking up, every 30 minutes or so, at 3:15 a.m. The aches and pains I had yesterday had disappeared and I had a really good workout this morning. It was a little sweatier than they've been just recently and it felt terrific. Last night after dinner, we took a walk in the heat and humidity. It actually did not kill me. If you can believe it, I enjoyed it. I'm noticing that I can walk faster and further nowadays and I am not as easily winded as I was last summer. Little things like that just amaze me.

Yesterday, my eating was very good. We only ate two meals yesterday, grilled veggies with egg substitute and tortillas for our big Sunday breakfast and a fabulous barbecue for dinner last night. You might think that a person could get sick of eating grilled gorgeous vegetables but so far, so good. I just heart grilled peppers and squash, yum yum!! I'm 100% on plan today so far. I expect that this week will go very well too, there's no reason why it shouldn't. I'm feeling strong and motivated and focused and just generally happy. As Martha would say, "it's a good thing."

No comments: