Saturday, July 10, 2004

feeling f.i.n.e.

All afternoon yesterday, and most of last night, I drank water like a fiend. I tell ya, I was that frightened of weighing in this morning and I did not want to mess it up. No water is retaining on this body, I tell you what. We made a gorgeous caesar salad and thin crust veggie pizza at home last night. I probably ate too much, truth be told (cuz I loves me some pizza and salad) which is why I started in on the water after dinner.

I only got up twice in the night to pee. Considering how much water I drank, this isn't too bad. The second time, it was really close to when I normally wake up and I felt all nervous, like a kid on Christmas morning. I resisted weighing myself right then. About an hour later, after I'd been up and out of bed and moving around for 30 minutes or so, I pulled out the scale. Somehow, nerves and water I'm thinking, I weighed in one pound lower than I had done yesterday. Don't ask me how but I lost 5 pounds this week. I'm now into virgin fat territory people. It feel sooooo good!!

High on the super low weigh-in, I pulled my workout gear out and went downstairs to exercise. Somehow, I felt that not exercising (even though it was my break day) would fuck up my scale karma. I've been on such a roll recently, I didn't want to chance that. Anyway, I had a terrific session and felt just amazing afterwards. After breakfast though, I kept thinking, "mmmm...Seeing how I lost so much this week, I can go out and buy myself something chocolatey for a treat later." How screwed up is that??? The smart part of my brain went and got another bottle of water. The stupid part of my brain, I'd like to poke with the business end of a freshly sharpened pencil but I suspect that I'll need my whole brain later on.

The battle for chocolate won, temporarily anyway, I started doing some housework and got ready to go out with my hunny to do some errands. For a lark, I pulled out a pair of shorts I'd hung onto, that I've had for probably 10 years. I know that I haven't worn them since probably 1999. Last year I tried them on but they were too tight across the tummy to actually sit down in. Right now, as I type this, I'm wearing those same shorts. Not only that, I wore them out to do errands in too. Again, this feels soooo good!!

The chocolate craving is still in my head. We're going to have a nice barbecue for supper tonight so I'm hoping that will kill it. I think that the craving is just residue from all the sweets I was exposed to last week. Whatever it is, I'm hoping it passes soon, it's starting to annoy me!!

No comments: