Thursday, July 15, 2004

sore toes and soft cookies

Yesterday was weird. We moved our offices and I really messed my toe up. I wouldn't have thought that hurting my toe would be so painful but it is. When I woke up this morning I wasn't even sure if I would be able to exercise. As it turned out, I was able to do some of it in sandals. There was just no way that I could have put shoes and socks on, no way at all.

Last night, I guess because my foot was so sore and I was feeling sorry for myself or I was just feeling stupid and vulnerable, I ate a bunch of cookies. It was really weird. After dinner, we had a couple of errands to do for the LOG. One of them involved going to Loblaws. While we were there, my hunny (who has been fighting bad ice cream cravings for a few days now) decides to bite the bullet, buy some Ben & Jerry's and just fuck it. I always say that it's better to feed a craving and nip it in the bud rather than let it go and develop into some horrible binge. We go check out the ice cream and I'm reading labels and looking at low fat stuff and realizing that none of this is appealing to me. So, he's still craving "something" and we head to the candy aisle. Again, I'm reading labels and honestly don't want any of it...same thing happens in the cookie aisle and again in the chip aisle. We decide to go pay for our diet soda and fresh pineapple and leave.

On the way home, we decide to stop off at the Bulk Barn. Now, this particular store is no where near our way home so we're talking seriously out of our way to go there. He is able to find some stuff to feed his craving (honey buttered peanuts) and some cookies (an assortment of cookies which claim to have no trans fat in them). Anyway, when we get home. I ate a bunch of his cookies. I didn't want them, I wasn't hungry or anything but I had them anyway. I'm not beating myself up about it or anything, I just can't figure out how I went from feeling like nothing "bad" appealed to me to eating 3 really large cookies. Again, boredom and self pity probably had a lot to do with it.

So far today though, things are 100% on track and I feel pretty good. Now, if my toe would just stop throbbing, we'd be in business.

No comments: