Friday, July 16, 2004

back to basics
 
So last night, we went out for dinner.  My hunny had had an absolutely horrible (beyond rotten) day at work and was literally too drained to cook dinner.  He's a chef and does the majority of cooking at our house.  The stuff he had planned to use for dinner was beyond my culinary skills so his dad suggested that we go out for dinner.   We ended up at Red Lobster.   This is not a place we go very often because we find that it's a little expensive for what you get.  Last night though, we had $40 in gift certificates to put toward it and his dad really wanted to go so we did.  I was surprised that I enjoyed my meal as much as I did.  I had broiled shrimp and scallops, a salad and some rice.  Overall it wouldn't have been so bad but for those buns.  I don't know what they do to them but they are beyond good.  Anyway, I had two of the damned things but seeing how I was so good at avoiding anything deep fried or covered in cheese I didn't worry about it too much.  Balance is the key right??

Well, balance this.... I had more chocolate covered raisins last night.  I have no good reason for doing this.  I have excuses:  PMS, being tired, my foot is still sore, I was bored, I am currently kind of worried about our finances (just for July, we should be straight again next month), blah blah blah.  I'm really not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow.  I mean I will but I'm not looking forward to it like I was last weekend. 
 
I've noticed that some of the ladies from the weigh-better board have started to post their weigh-ins when there is "news" to report (I guess by news they mean good/happy weigh-ins).  I may start doing that too.  I'm not going to weigh myself every day but I will take a good weigh-in whenever it happens and not put myself through what I did last Friday night. 
 
Anyway, today is a new day and so far, my eating has been fine.  I worked out this morning (still sore toe and all) and will try to keep myself busy this weekend so as not to get off track.  Wish me luck, goodness knows I need it!!

No comments: