Sunday, July 04, 2004

good mornin'

I was so stiff and sore this morning when I got up, I could hardly move across the room when I first stood up. I'm okay now, moving a little slow, but holy crap on a stick, that gardening stuff knocked me for a loop. I guess it goes without saying that we both slept like the dead last night. There's nothing like sweaty yard work and bug bites to send you into a dreamless slumber, is there?

So, even though I told myself that I wouldn't do it, I hopped on the scale this morning. I wanted to see if that extra pound was still hanging around. Guess what? It seems to have disappeared again. In a way, given all the stuff I did yesterday and, how little I actually ate, I'm not too surprised. Logically, I know that it's normal for your weight to fluctuate from day to day. Knowing this, I try not to step on the scale too often but sometimes I cannot resist. This week though, I'm going to put the scale away in the cupboard and not look at it again until Saturday morning.

Today I am planning on doing very little. I've just thrown my second and last load of laundry in (I did a bunch yesterday too) and the only thing I really want to do today is give myself a nice pedicure. My week off was really nice. It wasn't necessarily relaxing per se, but we did accomplish a lot around the house. I think it was worth the work during my little holiday. Now I know that for the rest of the summer, aside from regular maintenance type stuff, we will be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labour.

mmmm....fruit, I think I'll go grab some breakfast. Happy Sunday everyone (and to all you yanks, Happy Independence Day!!)!!

No comments: