Tuesday, July 20, 2004

floating away
 
Holy smokes, I just realized that this is my 600th post.  That's kind of cool, isn't it??
 
What a difference a day makes.  I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday.  I drank so much water all day yesterday though, that I was up and down running to the bathroom all night.  I think it was worth it though, I am sure that I flushed a lot of junk residue out of my system.
 
My eating yesterday (and so far today) was perfectly on plan, 100%.  I even ended the day with a few calories to spare.  I guess when you load up on that much extra water, you don't need to eat as much!!  Do you find that when you're eating healthy things and generally doing good stuff for your body, that you can "hear" what it's telling you more clearly?  It's been my experience that when I'm not being active, I don't eat as well.  When I don't eat great, I don't listen to my body's cues about what I really need or want in terms of feeding it and moving it.  Crap just dulls all of my senses.  No wonder I was able to get so fat in the first place!  Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?
 
Last night we had an incredible stir fry with some smoke turkey.  When we barbecued on Sunday, my hunny smoked some turkey breast fillets before he cooked our dinner.  They were so fabulous and added a really nice smokey flavour to the stir fry (he'd also smoked off a bunch of portabellos and sweet peppers too, yum!).  I highly recommend trying it if you have access to a barbecue (we just use some of those hickory chips you can find near the barbecues in the hardware store).  Not sure what we're doing tonight but it'll probably be barbecue again, if the weather agrees.  It's really nice outside right now but, when I checked the humidex at 5:30 a.m., it was already 27 degrees.  That's just sick and wrong but it's one of the costs of living in such a pretty, waterfront community I guess!! 

No comments: