Tuesday, July 13, 2004

calculations

The break has been really nice though. I really enjoyed having one week off, working a week and then having a four day weekend. It's breaking up my vacation time nicely and I'm finding that I'm enjoying the time more than if I just took two or three weeks off in a block. Tomorrow I'll go back to work for 2.5 weeks and then I'll have another break; I'm booked off the first week of August. Nice huh??

I feel full. I definitely ate too much today, or it feels like that anyway. Over the past couple of days, we've been running a weird schedule and the result was that we've eaten out 3 times over the past 2 days. Yesterday, I only ate one meal and today I ate two. When I sat down with fitday and figured it all out, I stayed perfectly within my calorie range but I feel kind of heavy right now. I guess it's because while the stuff I ate was "okay" it was a lot saltier and greasier than I would have eaten if we'd prepared our meals at home. I find that stuff in restaurants, when it's "light" or "low fat" is still not as low in fat or as "light" as we'd make it at home. Anyway, that eating out nonsense is over and done with for this week. We're back to work tomorrow and back into our normal routine.

One good thing that I've noticed over the past few days is that I can totally tell, more by how full I feel than by actual calculation, how I'm doing with food. I still count every calorie and record it all in fitday but I think I could actually not do that and still keep on track. This is a huge revelation that I've made. Now, I still like keeping track of everything in fitday as a way of staying accountable to myself but it's kind of nice to know that my stomach has finally caught up with my brain. Physically, as months and months go by, I'm able to eat less and less. I suppose this is sort of what it must feel like to have wls because my stomach as definitely shrunk, a lot, and I no longer want to overeat. Physically, if I try to do it (either intentionally or not), it is uncomfortable and I just don't enjoy it anymore. Wow, I may actually be developing a healthy, natural relationship with food. Yikes, how cool is that??

No comments: