Friday, July 02, 2004

Friday quickie

Today was a little weird. This morning, shortly after exercising, I was sitting at my computer when suddenly, it crapped out on me. Evil blue screen of death, really not good things happening...Turns out that the NTFS table has been corrupted on my main data drive. Fortunately, the data is still intact, we're in the process of getting some software to help us retrieve it from. What a pain in the bee-hind nonetheless.

While my hunny worked on fixing my machine (which is at the moment working like a dream, sans big data drive), I went out shopping with my mum. I guess everyone had today off too and the stores were packed. Fortunately, I was able to get everything I needed for the weekend as far as groceries go so there is no where we have to go for the next couple of days.

Our handy person comes tomorrow morning to help us finish up with the wiring. We could do it (actually, my hunny is a wiring whiz) but neither of us wants to go up and crawl around in the attic to snake the wires down. Anyway, with this fellow's help, it should only take the two of them a couple of hours to get everything done. At the end of it all, I will have lights in my closets, yay!! The spare room closet I'm not so excited about but our bedroom closet, this will be amazing. In the dark of the winter, I'll actually be able to find stuff in there. Whoop!!

At the moment, I'm feeling very full. We had a great (as in delicious) big dinner tonight. I ate too much but I ate too many veggies so it's not an overloaded / bad carb bloat or anything. Being stuffed with healthy foods feels so much better than being stuffed with junky stuff, doesn't it?

I still haven't gotten around to the gardening but I expect to get at it tomorrow sometime. Most likely, that will be my workout for the day, goodness knows I seem to use muscles gardening that I don't seem to hit working out!!

No comments: