Tuesday, July 06, 2004

sunshine day

It's incredibly gorgeous here today. The humidity and oppressively heavy air cleared out over night. Today is just a perfect summer day. Hot in the sun, breezy and cool in the shade, lovely!! So lovely in fact, that I did not want to come back to work after lunch. My hunny ended up being off work today so he came down to the office for a picnic at lunchtime. We found a shady spot, on a bench under a tree.

Again, today has been a perfectly on plan day. I actually did not want to get out of bed this morning but I did (eventually) and had a nice workout before breakfast. The LOG is taking us out for dinner tonight (our weekly routine). I'm not sure where I'm going but I've gotten very good at tweaking menu items to suit my needs so I'm not at all worried about it. Once you eliminate all fried food options (and cheese), it's really not too difficult to stay on plan!

I know it's only Tuesday but so far the week is going really well. Last night, for some reason, I was having some bad cravings. Chips, chocolate, anything and everything. Of course, we didn't have any of these things in the house (thank goodness!!) so it wasn't a problem. It was a bit scary though, I haven't had a craving episode like that in a while. I have noticed though that I always feel better about my program when I'm working than when I'm not. It's all about that routine stuff I was talking about yesterday. When I'm working, even though my days are full and busy, it's easier to find time to exercise and plan my meals out carefully. Not sure why that it is but it is!

No comments: