Tuesday, August 03, 2004

adding it all up

Despite the fact that our internet connection is brutally slow at the moment (is this act of quasi-terrorists or is it just our isp?), I've been trying to get myself back up-to-date with fitday. I must be getting better at "eye balling" or something. I sat down and counted every bite that I've consumed for today and yesterday and was sort of surprised by the result. When all was done and dusted, I was actually on plan for calorie consumption for the past two days. I have not yet crunched the numbers for the weekend yet but I'm not sure that they are going to be as good. I know that there was a bit of snacking happening on Saturday that will probably not compute too well. Oh well, at least I'm being honest about it, to myself and fitday anyway. The funny thing is that both yesterday and today, I felt like I had overate. Weird huh??

I've been feeling stronger and stronger each day that I've been off of work. That cold and TOM stuff last week (I almost typed "month" -- it seems that long ago!!) really kicked my ass in a huge way. The "dreaded" company has arrived and it's going well. They're actually quite nice folks. They are staying in a motel up the street from us. We just got back from having dinner with them. We had planned to barbecue but the weather was dicey here today (intermittent rain) so we ended up going out. Tomorrow, they are taking LOG and his brother on a touristy type outing and I'll have the day to myself (we're meeting them at 4:30 after said outing is over).

Yesterday, all day, I busted my ass cleaning. It was that "company cleaning" that you do when folks are coming to your house for the first time. The downstairs of our house is spotless and the upstairs isn't so bad either. It took me all day Monday to get the downstairs done and then the best part of this morning to get the upstairs sorted out. It looks really great and, one of the upsides of company is that at least the house gets clean. Tomorrow I'm planning to finish up my laundry and do my ironing but that's all I really have to do. It's a great feeling knowing that I have the better part of a week totally to myself. My hunny will be here with me for parts of it but that's okay. Actually, it's totally great.

So, to sum up, my holiday is going very well so far and I'm actually even moving my body a bit and eating pretty good. Will wonders never cease??

No comments: