Wednesday, August 11, 2004

hump day

Day two is going well so far. What is it about that second day back in the office that makes your vacation feel like it was months ago instead of just two days ago?

While I was off, I had a chance to catch up on a bunch of tv programs that I'd tivo'd. One of them was E-Love. The premise of the program is that a film crew interviews a couple who have met online but who not yet met face to face. Through the course of the show, they will meet up and see how it goes. In the particular episode I saw, a woman from San Francisco was meeting a man from NYC. He was flying to California to visit her. He seemed like a nice guy, he was a bartender. She also seemed quite nice, she was a musician. Anyway, one scene in the program was this guy hanging out with his buddies in his apartment before he leaves for California. The buddies are asking him all kinds of silly questions about her, about him, about what they will do when they get together, etc. One guy asks how tall she is and how much she weighs. Apparently, she's 5'7" and weighs 130. I must say, when I saw her I thought she was in terrific shape. She was tall and had a very slim figure. Anyway, the buddy says, "well you better be careful, a buck-30 on a girl who is only 5'7" is pretty heavy." My jaw hit my chest. What the hell was this guy talking about? Now, I know he was in his early 20's and, let's face it, guys at that age are pretty stupid when it comes to women (generally) but still, she was not fat. Not even close. Fortunately, the guy in the documentary just ignored his friend's stupid comment but it stayed in my head for days after I'd seen it. Hearing crap like that made me more grateful to be in a mature relationship. What a shallow jerk! No wonder some women have such fucked up body images. If you seriously had to listen to crap like that all of the time it would drive you insane. grrrrr!!

Eating and exercising is continuing to go well so far today. We had a great dinner at home last night, ground chicken, portabello, tomato with pasta. It was delicious. For the first time in a long time I even had a little goat cheese on it. I didn't realize what a difference eating on a schedule makes to my energy levels. Last week, my schedule was all over the place and so was I. Yesterday though, I felt great all day and today, same thing. Today I'm feeling a little more hungry than normal but I just ate my lunch so hopefully that feeling will go away. I just hate days like this, days when you're trying to be good and your tummy keeps rumbling, no matter how many carrots or how much water you give it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll go away soon, it's going to be a loooong afternoon if it doesn't!

No comments: