Sunday, August 15, 2004

sunny sunday

I had a fabulous sleep last night. Thinking back on right now, I don't think I had a great sleep Friday night, or Thursday night either for that matter. I remember that I had a lot of strange dreams both nights and that's never restful. Also, last night when I was washing my face and getting ready for bed, I noticed that I had some dark circles under my eyes. The circles are gone now which is a good thing. I honestly don't think I even moved last night, from the moment I put my head down until I woke up about 45 minutes ago. I feel terrific this morning so I must have slept well.

That one little pound I lost this week has been on my mind a lot. It seems silly to be so happy for such a small loss. A loss I know could have been larger if I hadn't been mucking about over the past couple of weeks. It's amazing though how little losses like that can add up to big changes. The other day, for example, I wore a top to work that my mum had made me for my birthday. When she first gave it to me, it was way too big. She had used old measurements to make it with and it was a real eye-opener for both of us when I tried it on. It looked like a tent on me. She took it in and I wore it for the first time on Wednesday. It felt really good on and I think it looked pretty good too. It made me realize though, how shabby my wardrobe is getting. I hate to think about pulling my winter stuff out again but I know I'll have to do it again in a month or so. While I've lost enough to make a small difference, it's not enough that I need to go out and buy a new wardrobe although I probably should. The number of items I have which still fit properly is getting smaller and more worn. While I can still technically wear the too big stuff, it doesn't feel that great to be doing that anymore.

A while back, there was a thread on the Weigh-Better board (which, if you aren't a member of already you should join -- a more inspiring and wonderful group of women you will not find anywhere!) about how to get your wardrobe through in-between stages. Many of the suggestions were fabulous, having your stuff altered, shopping at thrift stores and online auction sites. These terrific suggestions though, don't really apply to me. Although I'm 78 pounds down from where I started, I'm still at a size that you just don't find in thrift stores. Lucky for me, my mum is a fabulous seamstress so I could ask her to help me out and guide me through some sewing, to make some new outfits and alter some things I do have. I guess I'm just moaning because I'd love to be able to go into a store and buy a totally new wardrobe but, at the moment, that's out of the question. I just cannot afford it.

Please note though, I'm not complaining. Everyone just needs a little whine once in a while right?? Trust me though, I'd much rather be whining about not being able to afford smaller clothes than about not being able to afford larger ones!!

No comments: