Wednesday, August 18, 2004

humpity-hump-hump day

As I type this, I'm listening to the "good ribbing" segment on the Al Franken show. Hearing descriptions of different regional types of barbecue is not a good thing when you're hungry. Must be time to eat my lunch!

I survived yesterday without indulging in any Doritos. Denise kindly and smartly suggested that I have 1/2 a small bag of the baked version instead. If I had been feeling stronger that may have done it for me but I wasn't so I just continued to brace myself and when I woke up this morning, the craving had disappeared.

Bringing extra fruit for snacks is helping me out at work this week. I having a small banana mid-morning, a peach with my lunch and some seedless grapes in the late afternoon. Tonight, if the weather holds, we're going to barbecue again tonight. We've got lots of veggies and chicken to grill so I should have no problem staying on plan. Yesterday, while I did avoid the chips, I went over slightly on my intake. We ended up going out for dinner, to a Chinese buffet. Fortunately, they had a lot of fresh veggie dishes out so I tried to stick to those but, I know they cook them with a lot more fat than we do at home so it wasn't great.

Workouts are still going well and I can't believe that it's Wednesday again already. This morning, when I got up, I was moving really slow and had to have a stern talk with myself to get my butt moving. By the time I got on my bike, I told myself, just five minutes today, that's all you have to do...well, five passed quickly, then ten and finally, 20 minutes had passed and my interval was done. I felt better too, definitely more awake. I know that some folks say it's better t0 exercise in the afternoon or evening but honestly, for me, exercise is better than coffee! Hopefully I'll remember that again tomorrow!

No comments: