Saturday, August 07, 2004

naps and sleeping in

If nothing else, I'm well rested this morning. Since the temperature dropped around here a couple of days ago, the sleeping is delicious in this neck of the woods. We actually had to have the comforter on the past couple of nights. I'm just loving this weather!!

Food ended up being not so good yesterday but it was our anniversary so I'm not too bothered about it. Exercise also kind of went flying out the window but I'm planning to do much walking later today. Right now, I'm just enjoying sitting in a sun beam, listening to the Fidelity Wars really loudly, and thinking about whether I'm going to have juice or coffee to start my day off. I've been listening to stuff this weekend, that I was listening to when I met my hunny. The Fidelity Wars, Summerteeth and Utopia Parkway were pretty much the soundtrack of that summer for me.

Today we're going to go buy a chest freezer. We don't really have a lot of room in our kitchen for one but Costco has a 3.5 cubic square foot one that will actually fit into a spot by our back door. We've been getting buy with the small freezer in our fridge but it's not nearly big enough, especially when you consider that we're buying one kind of bread for ourselves and another for LOG. It'll be great this winter for freezing stuff too, like soups and casseroles. I used to have one when I lived in my apartment but it was never right again after the Ice Storm so we got rid of it when we moved into this house in 2000. We have a frozen yogurt machine that we'd like to start using again and now we'll be able to (the one part of it just takes up too much room in our small freezer for us to use it much right now).

Tomorrow the LOG comes home and we're going into Toronto to pick him up. We've planned to make a day of it as we have a bunch of errands to do when we get into town. Today we have some things to do around the house and, of course, the trip to Costco but other than laundry and a pedicure, I'm not planning to do much. I have to say, doing nothing feels terrific!!

No comments: