Sunday, August 01, 2004

happy August

Can you believe that July is over already?? Where did it go?? I know that I say that every month but, every month I'm surprised that time is gone.

I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much much much better today. I'm still a little stuffy and am coughing a bit but it's nothing like last week. Part of it, I think, is because I've been moving a bit more. Yesterday I did some exercise in the house and this morning, I got out for an early morning walk. Everything is just green and gorgeous after all that rain we had. It's turning into a scorcher though so I'm not exactly sure when we're going to get our yard work done. The forecast calls for rain tomorrow and Tuesday so we really have to get at it soon. Hopefully a nice breeze will come up soon!

Sleeping in was on the agenda for this morning but both of us ended up getting up around 6 a.m. Now, technically we did sleep in because we're normally up before 5 a.m. so I shouldn't moan too much. It just felt good to be lazy. We woke up but didn't get up until around 7. The LOG wanted to go out for breakfast so we did, around 8:30 or so. The place we went to is about 30 minutes from here but it's always worth the drive. When we got there, the place was full of bikers. Apparently, there was a big HOG rally here in town. The poor folks must have been rained out yesterday and today it seemed like everyone was heading home. It's always cool to see those big groups of motorcycles out on the highways. I'm not sure that I'd be able to drive all across the province on one but it must be a lot of fun for folks who are into it. The meal was really good. I had a gorgeous fruit salad and some egg beaters with toast. It was very yummy and filling and I'm sure we'll be skipping lunch today.

I still haven't figured out exactly what I'll be doing for the rest of the week but I think that's a good thing. Just taking one day at a time seems like a good plan at the moment. At this moment, I think I'm going to go and finish my laundry and figure out when we're going to hit the garden. One upside of all this yardwork is that I know it burns a tonne of calories!

No comments: