Friday, August 06, 2004

sshhhhhh

Can you hear that?? No? It's quiet in my house. No game show network, no old guy moaning and groaning... just quiet. Wow!! Last night it actually felt a little odd for him to be gone. Not bad odd, just odd. Like that Odds album, "good weird feeling," you know?

So today is our anniversary. 5 years ago today I met my hunny. We deliberately didn't make any fancy schmancy plans because we are just so happy to have the house to ourselves that we didn't feel like we needed to go out for a posh meal or anything. We're pretty much just laze-ing around today. This morning I got up at my normal time and took my hunny to work but, due to a weird set of circumstances, he couldn't work today. It was actually kind of nice, although unplanned. Instead of heading back home, we went out for breakfast (it was, afterall, 6 a.m.) and then, on the way home, stopped off at my folks' place for coffee. When we got home at around 9:30 a.m., we had all kinds of plans for doing errands and "getting stuff done" but we ended up just plopping on the couch and being sloths for a few hours. In fact, I think I'm going to have a nap this afternoon, how decadent huh??

I'm not sure if I'll be squeezing in any exercise today. I know that we're going to be doing lots of walking this weekend so today might end up being a break day. We'll see. Hope you're having a good, lazy Friday too!

No comments: