Thursday, August 05, 2004

no fries

It's weird how things change around your house when you've got company coming and going. LOG's brother and his kids have been in town for the past couple of days. Fortunately, we've not had them staying here and we've not had to feed them but it's meant that we've been eating out the past couple of nights.

Last night was no different. We met up with them yesterday afternoon and went for dinner. I made very good choices I think. I had a great turkey sandwich and a gorgeous salad of mixed greens and balsamic vinegar. For a few moments I was almost tempted to have some french fries but I resisted. The night before I resisted as well and had a huge salad. It's so easy to induldge yourself in restaurants I find so I'm pretty happy with myself for not going there.

I did another early morning walk here. It's suddenly become very cool and gorgeous and it's great walking weather. LOG is complaining of the cold a bit but I love the weather like this. It can stay like this for the rest of August if it wants to. Anyway, LOG is heading to back to Toronto today with his brother so we're going to have the house to ourselves for the whole weekend. I'm really looking forward to this. It's going to be a much nicer break for us than going to a hotel. It might sound odd but in this particular circumstance, I'd rather be at home in my own bed, in my own house, than in a hotel with over bleached sheets and kids running up and down the hallways!!

No comments: