Monday, August 02, 2004

monday monday

Happy Simcoe Day everyone! Now, I know that not everyone celebrates Simcoe day but we do here in Ontario and today is officially a "civic" holiday.

It's pretty much gorgeous here right now. Yesterday it was really hot and sticky all day long. Even when I was out walking yesterday morning you could just tell that it was going to be a scorcher. We put off doing the yard work until after dinner and I'm so glad that we did. A lovely cool breeze was blowing while we hustled our bustles to get what we needed to do, done. It took us a couple of hours but everything is starting to look really good out there. I still have a little bit of weeding to get to but it won't take me too long. The largest part of it is done already, for now anyway. It's amazing how quickly the weeds are growing. We've got these big funky thistle type plants cropping up all over the place. I've noticed that our neighbours all have them too. I don't remember seeing them other years. We think that they are a by-product of the no spraying thing that our municipality has started this year. They are really annoying more than anything else because one day they are not there and the next day (it seems) they are over 2 feet high. My back and arms are pretty sore right now but it's a good sore, a "hey I actually did some real work" kind of a sore.

I went for another walk this morning. There is something so nice about getting out early in the day when the air is still clear and the bugs are still snoozing. I'd love to take really long walks in the evenings but the bugs drive me inside. They just eat me alive whenever I'm out in the evenings too long. Last night while we were working, they were terrible but I know it's a price you pay for nice weather in this neck of the woods.

My eating has been "okay" the past couple of days. I haven't been tracking stuff in fitday but I know that I'm not going over what I would normally eat too much. Today I'm going to sit down and try to update fitday as much as I can and get that part of things back to normal. Routine keeps me going on this journey and routine is sort of out the window right now. It'll be out the window all week I expect but that's okay. I'm going to work really hard to stick to my plan and get some extra exercise in here and there while I have the time. As I mentioned before, I plan to use this week to do some stuff for myself for a change. I figure I deserve it!

No comments: