Thursday, August 12, 2004

so very hungry

All day yesterday, no matter what I did, I was hungry. It was the darnedest thing. It's been happening today too, but to a much lesser degree. I'm pretty sure that the hunger is routine related. Last night, after I'd eaten my quite large supper, I was still hungry. Even after that 20 minute period that you sometimes need for your stomach to catch up with you. I ended up indulging my hunger with lots of water and some oatmeal raisin cookies that LOG had in his stash. Dipping into his cookie stash is something I never ever do. At least I only had 3 and they were free of that dreaded transfat (hey, if I have to buy him cookies, at least I'm going to buy him reasonably healthy ones).

Today is going much better than yesterday and I doubt very much I'll be having any cookie attacks again tonight. This morning I woke up extra early because I thought I'd have to drive my hunny to work. Once I got downstairs, I discovered that I wouldn't have to do I ended up getting some laundry done before work (in addition to working out). It was the first time in ages that I've been able to get anything beside exercising in the morning so that felt kind of good. I'm going to try to get up a little earlier every day. I've gotten into some bad habits lately and I've been really pushing the clock to get everything done each day. I really like starting my day with a more relaxed pace that that.

The back to work thing is going well too. The nutty pace continues but it's a good nutty. I'm really feeling like I'm getting into a groove and am being more proactive than reactive and that's a very very good thing! The less time I can spend in my life feeling like a headless chicken, the better!!

No comments: