Monday, February 10, 2003

Another day behind me, one day closer to my goal...I'm really tired tonight. By late afternoon, my back was really bugging me. It's so much better than it was though. I can actually walk completely upright again. For a week I was leaning slightly over to one side when I walked.

Had a good day foodwise. Activity wise, I'm still not doing as much as I should be because of my back. It took everything that I had to get through the day at work without laying down on the floor under my desk. I'm looking for some good, back-strengthing exercises so that this won't happen again, or at least if it does, it won't take so long to get over it. This is the longest I have ever had this last for. I'm not sure if that means anything or not.

I'm very pleased with myself for having stuck with this plan for 5 weeks. That's a big deal for me. The things that I find myself feeling really good about are usually ridiculously small victories. Like the other day for example, someone was offering these beautiful chocolate chip / macadamia nut cookies around the office and I said no. It was right under my nose, so close I could smell it, and I politely smiled and said "no thank you." That's a huge deal for me. Office junk, it's the hardest to resist I find. Today, it happened again...this lovely older fellow who comes in to our office regularly popped in and gave us all these little chocolate valentine hearts. I smiled and said thanks as he put it on my desk. After he left, I gave it to the woman I share my office with. She's a petite little thing and a die-hard chocoholic. She was happy to have it too!

The little bitty personal victories are big deals to me. I guess, what it boils down to is that each day is nothing more than a series of small challenges that we have to manage our way through. Boy, when you break it down like that it can either seem endlessly huge, or really easy to do...or a little bit of both maybe? What it boils down to this week is that I've lost another 3 inches. That's 13.5 inches in total in 5 weeks! Not bad huh?? Yay me!!

No comments: