Monday, February 24, 2003

Today was such a great food day. Totally under in calories and I was able to meet my high-veggie, low-meat goal. I've actually done really well with that over the past few days. It was not a great exercise day though. I've decided to make a slight change to my routine though, beginning tomorrow. I've been riding my bike in the evening and on the weekend, or at least I was until last week.

Last week things got a little off track as far as exercise goes. I like to watch Dr. Phil when I get home from work. I never thought that I would actually admit this in a public place but there you have it. I have to admit that when he was on Oprah, I hated his guts. I think that I was transferring some of the hatred I felt toward Oprah on Phil. Anyway, I like him a lot better on his own show, he's a little gentler and less mean. What I like is how the stupid people come on and try to trick him or get the better of him. He uses common sense (something my dad used on us!) and not a lot of psycho babble mumbo-jumbo. Anyway, that having been said, my hubby can't stand the guy. That's okay, we often don't agree on tv shows. Dr. Phil's on at 5 here (and 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 6 p.m....etc.) so it fits in well with the bike...I get home, hop on the bike and watch Phil. What's not been working lately though is that hubby is making dinner while Dr. Phil is on and he can't stand to hear it. The bike is in the living room, the kitchen is next door so I've not wanted to disturb him (afterall, he is cooking us a delicious, low-fat dinner and I don't have to lift a finger).

We talked about it tonight though and he's decided that he can handle Dr. Phil for the 20-30 minutes that I'm on the bike. If he can't, he'll just put dinner off for 30 minutes and go upstairs and do something else. This will make things so much better for me. This way, I'll get home, hop on the bike and get it done. I've tried doing the morning thing but it's just not working for me at the moment. Once the weather breaks and it warms up a bit, it'll be easier for me face the bike at 5 a.m. In the meantime, I'm going to keep this up.

No comments: